Monday, March 7, 2011

Organization

   Organization for a complete couponing experience is essential. There are many ways to get your coupons into shape and get the most out of them. I'll explore a few options for you here and then you truly just need to take whatever works for you.
   For beginners a big system may be too much at once and feel a little overwhelming, so just start out with an envelope to hold your coupons. There are other small coupon holders but an envelope is a cheap and easy way to start off. That was how I started off but now my coupons have exceeded my envelope.
I moved onto a zippered binder but I have also out grown that too. Below is my new binder.

   It is a nice big one. It holds all my coupons in baseball card holders. And I have it sorted with dividers. 









   I am in the process of reorganizing it. Currently I have it organized by general categories; produce/salad, meat/dairy, snacks, frozen food, personal, household, misc and meds. I want to go ahead and make the categories more defined, by adding things like candy and makeup. You really just need to find the method that works for you.
   Another option that is out there is to not cut all the coupons individually and just log the inserts by date. Find a method that works for you and the time that you can set aside to do it. If you do chose to not cut all the coupons, make sure to know what you want to purchase before you go to the store so that you aren't cutting in the middle of the aisles and taking up more time and getting knocked with angry carts.
   You don't have to spend the time that it takes to cut every coupon. It takes me about 2-4 hours a week to cut all my coupons. If you don't have the time for that, don't sweat, you can take however long you can spare.

So, go ahead and start up your system. Start small and then as you go and you learn, expand. And as always have fun saving that money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment